« octobre 2019 »
L M M J V S D
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
 
Tous les évènements de Physique à venir

Tous les évènements de Biologie / Chimie à venir

Tous les évènements à venir

Les évènements relevant de la Physique et de la Biologie / Chimie sont représentés en turquoise

Evidence that chromosome translocation is linked to cell envelope remodeling during bacterial spore development

Mardi 18 juin 14:00 - Duree : 1 heure
Lieu : Salle des séminaires de l’IBS - 71, avenue des Martyrs - Grenoble

Orateur : Christopher RODRIGUES (Faculty of Science - ithree Institute, University of technology Sydney, Australie)

How bacteria coordinate mechanisms of chromosome segregation between daughter cells with the remodeling of their cell envelope is poorly understood. During bacterial spore development, a starving cell divides asymmetrically into two cells : a larger cell called the mother cell and a smaller cell called the forespore, which then matures into the spore. At the time of asymmetric division, the forespore only contains 30% of the chromosome. The remaining 70% of the chromosome gets translocated into the forespore by a highly-conserved molecular motor which has served a model system for understanding mechanisms of DNA translocation. Importantly, during the process of chromosome translocation, the forespore cellular envelope also undergoes dramatic remodeling, with synthesis and hydrolysis of its cell wall. If and how chromosome translocation is linked to cell wall remodeling during spore development remains unknown. In this work, using a combination of genetics and cell biology, we uncovered a new genetic relationship between cell wall remodeling and chromosome translocation, with broader implications towards understanding controversial aspects of spore development.

Contact : ibs.seminaires@ibs.fr

Discipline évènement : (Biologie / Chimie)
Entité organisatrice : (IBS)
Nature évènement : (Séminaire)
Evènement répétitif : (Séminaire IBS)
Site de l'évènement : Polygone scientifique

Prévenir un ami par email

Télécharger dans mon agenda

Cafés sciences de Grenoble | UdPPC de Grenoble | Sauvons Le Climat | Cafe des sciences de Vizille
Accueil du site | Secretariat | Espace privé | Suivre la vie du site RSS 2.0 : Tous les evenements Suivre la vie du site RSS 2.0 : Evenements de Physique Suivre la vie du site RSS 2.0 : Evenements de Biologie & Chimie